Markatasana, also known as the Monkey Pose, is a yoga posture that can help reduce thigh fat and alleviate back pain. In this article, we will explore the benefits of this pose and how to perform it correctly.
Due to Coronavirus Pandemic, there has been a big change in the lifestyle of people in the last 8-9 months. People are leaving their homes less for no reason, children go out less to play, schools are closed, and work from home is going on in the offices. Due to these reasons, people’s daily physical activity has reduced.
Most of the time, people are sitting or lying in the house, which is also affecting their health. Due to prolonged sitting at home and doing office work, many people have increased problems like back pain and obesity. Fat increases in women, especially in the part of thigh fat due to less physical activity.
Yogasana is a very good option to eliminate all these problems. Yoga keeps the solution for most physical problems and also mental disorders. You can get relief from thigh fat and back pain after practicing this yogasana. Today, we are telling you about a posture that is also helpful in relieving many pains in your body, as well as reducing weight, especially in the part of the thigh. This is easy, Markatasana. You can do these asanas in the house also. Let us know the easy way to do this asana and all the benefits associated with it.
What is Markatasana?
Markatasana is a yoga pose that involves lying on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. From this position, you twist your legs to one side, then the other, while keeping your shoulders and head on the ground. This twisting motion helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles in your thighs, hips, and back.
How to Perform Markatasana
To perform Markatasana, follow these steps:
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your arms out to the sides, in line with your shoulders.
- Take a deep breath, and as you exhale, drop both knees to one side, keeping your shoulders and head on the ground.
- Hold 5-10 breaths, inhale, and bring your knees back to the center.
- Exhale and drop your knees to the other side, holding for 5-10 breaths.
- Repeat this sequence 5-10 times, moving slowly and mindfully.
Tips for Performing Markatasana
- Keep your shoulders and head on the ground throughout the pose.
- If you have back or hip injuries, consult a yoga instructor before attempting this pose.
- Breathe deeply and mindfully throughout the pose, focusing on the stretch in your thighs and back.
The Benefits of Markatasana for Thigh Fat Reduction
One of the primary benefits of Markatasana is its ability to reduce thigh fat. The twisting motion in this pose helps to stretch and tone the muscles in your thighs, which can lead to a reduction in fat. Additionally, Markatasana can improve blood circulation in the legs, which can also help to reduce thigh fat.
- Markatasana can be beneficial for you in relieving spinal and back pain.
- If your thigh fat is increasing in lockdown, do this asana regularly.
- You can also do this asana to reduce abdominal fat.
- This asana can be quite beneficial for people suffering from a slipped disc and cervical spondylitis. But before taking this, consult a doctor.
- If you are troubled by problems such as stomach pain, gastric, constipation, and indigestion, then Markatasana can be very effective for you.
- It is also beneficial for people suffering from nervous and circulatory disorders.
- It can be beneficial for people suffering from liver, kidney, and pancreas problems.
The Benefits of Markatasana for Back Pain Relief
Another benefit of Markatasana is its ability to alleviate back pain. The twisting motion in this pose helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles in your back, which can help to relieve tension and reduce pain. Additionally, Markatasana can help to improve posture, which can also contribute to reduced back pain.
Precautions while doing Markatasana
One should keep the following types of things to keep in mind while doing Markatasna-
- Suffering from asthma and diabetes due to pollution should also do this asana regularly.
- This asana is also good for people suffering from pain in the ints and hip.
- People with problems like stress, fatigue, and drowsiness should also do this asana daily.
- Those Who have pain in the waist and legs or those who have injuries in their feet should not do this asana.
- If you are suffering from any type of serious injuries, then consult your doctor or do this asana under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
You can also resort to many other yoga asanas to cure thigh fat and back pain. Many other asanas such as Makarasana, Balasana, and Veerabhadrasana can also be performed in these asanas. These postures can reduce the fat of the thigh quite rapidly.
If you want to know more about yoga asana and meditation, then you can also join a 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. And you can learn different forms of yoga that will take you to explore the world of the great benefits of yoga.
Markatasana is a powerful yoga pose that can help reduce thigh fat and relieve back pain. By stretching and strengthening the muscles in your thighs and back, this pose can help to improve circulation, posture, and overall health. By incorporating Markatasana into your yoga practice, you can experience these benefits and more.